Zealous Advocates Providing Serious Criminal Defense In Bowie

  1. Home
  2.  » DWI/DUI

Defending Against A Charge Of DWI/DUI

An arrest on suspicion of drinking and driving can affect your driving privileges and even result in a jail sentence. You need an experienced criminal defense attorney to make sure that your rights are protected before you hastily accept a plea bargain and all the headaches that come with it.

Any disposition of your case other than an acquittal will result in a conviction that will remain on you record forever. IF YOU AGREE TO OR RECEIVE PROBATION, THAT IS A CONVICTION WHICH CANNOT BE EXPUNGED OR SEALED. DWI PROBATION is a conviction that will remain on your record FOREVER!

DWI Probation

If you are placed on probation for DWI, you will be required to report to a Probation Officer each month for the entire time you’re on probation and pay probation fees for the privilege. You will be required to pay a fine of not more than $2,000.00 for a DWI 1st conviction and not more than $4,000.00 for a DWI 2nd conviction, payable in installments during the term of probation.

If you are convicted for a DWI 3rd or more you could go to prison for anywhere from two to 10 years and be fined up to $10,000.00.

Other Civil Penalties for DWI conviction

After a conviction for DWI the Texas Department of Public Safety will assess a surcharge of at least $1,000.00 each year for three (3) consecutive years. Normally, the TDPS will notify each convicted person within ten (10) days from the date a judgment of conviction was entered. Failure to pay the surcharge will result in an automatic suspension of your driver’s license without notice. If you are already suspended, you are still required to pay the surcharge assessed before your license can be reinstated.

Don’t Wait To Take Action Call An Experienced DWI Defense

Time is of the essence. You need the help of an experienced criminal defense attorney. Call me as soon as possible after your arrest.

Whether this is your first DWI arrest, or you have prior convictions on your record, I will provide solid, effective criminal defense representation. For a free initial consultation with me about your case, please call 940-531-5370, or email me through this website.