Lanhon's Army background and his years with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) helped develop his aggressive style in representing criminal defense clients. A Texas native, Lanhon understands the intricacies of the Texas criminal system. For more than 15 years Lanhon has fought for his clients in the Courts of Texas.
There are few Texas attorneys as experienced as Lanhon in a highly specialized area of practice: Administrative License Revocations. In fact, he supervised the DPS Fort Worth office responsible for the prosecution of ALR cases in a region stretching from Fort Worth north to Gainesville and west as far as Vernon and Abilene.
Lanhon's broad range of experience includes working in the Special Crimes Division of the Harris County District Attorney's office assisting in the prosecution of white-collar crimes and drug forfeitures. That prepared him for accurately pinpointing the weaknesses in the government's cases - and has proven invaluable for many of his criminal defense clients.
He now practices criminal defense law exclusively.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Trafficking
- Sex Offenses
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- Doctor Jurisprudence
- University of Texas at Arlington
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice - 1982
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Denton County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association, 1986 to 1995
- State Bar of Texas, 1986 - Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer's Association, 2001 - Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 1990
- American Trial Lawyers Association, 2000
- American Bar Association
- National College of DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Tri-County Bar Association